View Single Post
Old 08-10-12, 12:40 PM
Bulbuzoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I'll look forward to change the bearings and put some relatively good grease or oil in the pivots, is there a product you recommand me for that? For now I just have WD40 in my dad's "workshop" which I used for the pivot and chain. I never go with a mechanic for my bike (and in general) because I try to do it myself or get help of my dad since he's a really good handyman, so it should be quite cheap to change bearings

Regarding the Pasela, I would like to buy it ASAP, thought I can't seem to find good prices on Internet because I live in Canada, so shipping always costs a lot and there is no Pasela's dealers around me. Anyone from Canada has a good e-shop or real shop to find those? (I'm more specifically from Québec). The cheapest I found shipping included is 55/60$ for a pair. Also, since I will change the tires, I'd like to go for narrower ones then the 1" 1/4 I have, thought my wheels are written to be 27x1 1/4, will Pasela's 27x1 or 27x1 1/8 fit anyways? The wheel is not rifted.
Another thing, I saw there are kinds of submodels for those, like Tourguard, is the most basic model good or generally people refer to a "upgraded" model?

As for the brakes, I adjusted them yesterday and now they brake pretty good, before that I had a bit of problems (braking on a really long distance which could have been dangerous)

Originally Posted by jimmuller
Without a close examination one can't be certain what you mean by this, but some freewheel or cassette teeth are slanted or shorter by design. It helps them pick up the chain better in a shift. Which is to say they ain't broke, they're s'posed to be that way. You'd have to hit them with a hammer to bend them sideways so a funky chain surely wouldn't hurt them except make them wear into odd shapes. Other than the surface rust on those cogs I don't see anything wrong with them. They look to have no wear at all
Here are closer picture so you can understand better, sorry if I explained it bad I didn't know how to formulate it.

Also, I forgot to mention, the "original" chain on it was really messed up, the links were opening, leaving small gaps in the inside's sides. So the chain was almost unrideable because it made terrible sounds and acted weird, not sure how to explain but well.
Does the cogs looks alright finally? Would it be safe to install an unused chain?

And finally about the handlebar tape, I found advices for the Deda bar tape and those on Sheldon Brown's site ( http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/handl...ebar-tape.html ), but I don't really know how good is it for the price. What would be your suggestions for a confortable good-looking tape? I was thinking about a brown one, do you think it would fit with the colour of the frame and the tan-sided Paselas?

Thank you guys for everything!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cass1.jpg (96.6 KB, 17 views)
Cass2.jpg (95.7 KB, 16 views)
Cass3.jpg (97.9 KB, 18 views)
Cass4.jpg (101.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Bulbuzoe; 08-10-12 at 12:44 PM.