Old 08-11-12, 10:07 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Not too much. My first bike was a Royce-Union knockoff of a Stingray. It didn't last too long, and even other people told my Dad he should "Buy American" so then I got a three speed Ross brand knockoff of a Stingray. I rode the Ross "Barracuda" on the local trails when all the other kids had BMX bikes. Till the spot welds let go on the rear dropouts.
Then I got a Columbia ten speed with 26x1 3/8" tyres. Then I won a 12 speed bike from my newspaper route, but it was a piece of crap, and I wanted to trade it in on a BMX, but the Mineola Bike and Mower shop said I could only trade it in on another 12 speed, so I got a Panasonic 12 speed. By then I was riding to work at a local factory, and I had to have a Mountain Bike. I paid $500.00 for a Peugeot "Canyon Express", which ended up a bad choice account the rear brakes were on the chain-stays, not the seat stays.
Then I worked at a Bike shop, and bought several BMX bikes , at-cost, or employee discount. The Mongoose Decade got stolen, I sold a GT to someone else, I sold a Diamondback to another person.
Then I decided to build a freaking Velomobile as a student project, since I was in Engineering School. I can build a Fiberglass Bike frame from scratch. If I can come up with enough money, I could transfer this to Carbon Fiber.