View Single Post
Old 08-11-12, 12:09 PM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
After learning to love clickety-click pedals on my mtb, I eventually put them on all my bikes. Then I started getting foot pain on longer rides, experimented with clips, Powergrips, and whatever else, and eventually arrived at pinned BMX pedals as the best solution for me. I do still get hot spots on occasion, but much more liveable for the most part. The PGs and clip/strap were pretty successful with that primary concern, but I find it also helps to move my feet side-to-side or fore-aft on the pedals as needed. YMMV.
Originally Posted by rogerstg
FWIW, your problem was probably less about the pedal and more about the shoe and/or shoe fit.
Roger, your point is something I`ve considered. If I knew for a fact that "X" shoe and pedal combo would make my life rosy, I`d probably buy into it. Unfortunately, every expensive shoe I experimented with would be another blow to the wallet, and I can`t justify a lot of those when I already have it worked out by another method. I remember trying to find a saddle that my butt agreed with- don`t want to go through that process again with shoes.