View Single Post
Old 08-11-12, 03:43 PM
Peugeotlover

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10; '74 Raleigh International; '87 Specialized RockHopper; '88 Specialized StumpJumper; '02 Cannondale Scalpel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Stem

These two photos show either side of the 3ttt stem that is non-original. The bar (bars) are non-original also, nice Cinelli equipment. Both from Italy.

I was riding down a mountain backroad off Highway 1 in Big Sur, CA where I used to work. A local known drunk was driving his vehicle up the other side of that same mountain curve. When we meet up, he was on my side of the road. I could have hit him head on, or gone over the edge. I went over the edge. This destroyed the original bars and stem, also the original seat post, and the original rear wheel Mavic rim. My leg was quite red and skinless, too. The drunk didn't stop, never saw him again.

When Todd at Aquarian bike in Monterey repaired my damaged bike, he said that the original bars and stem were known for their weakness, and I was much better off with the Italian pieces. Of course, he was right. Something good came out of the crash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
004.jpg (95.3 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg
005.jpg (97.3 KB, 306 views)