FrenchFit 
The Left Coast, USA

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by thebulls
Name any human activity where there is no human who has ever cheated. Doesn't exist.

Name any amateur sport (we're talking "sport" here, not "Just Riding My Bike Around") that does not have rules and that does not have an enforcement system for those rules. Similarly, doesn't exist. In fact, the difference between "sport" and "JRMBA" or "Just going for a run" or "Just kicking a ball around in my backyard" or whatever is ... rules. And rules with no enforcement system are not rules. The enforcement system need not be complex, it can be as simple as "It's my ball and I make the rules." But there are always rules and there is always an enforcement system in any sport.

Of course, there's no reason in the world to do anything other than "JRMBA" if that's what you like and if rules are a turn-off. Just don't go around saying that rando is somehow unique in having rules and an enforcement system and that this is somehow insulting to you and means that the sport (and therefore its participants) have no honor.
You keep your own score in golf, you call your opponents hits out in tennis, those are two that come to mind immediately. Sure people can cheat, sometimes do cheat, but it's not assumed they will cheat.

Whatever, you don't need to internalize this matter. The OP jokingly asked for the other side of the story, and if you don't like hearing it maybe you should get off the computer, yo.