Old 08-15-12, 09:04 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Nurider813
haha ok you guys are gonna hate me, that bike was just too much of an investment for me so i took it back. i lost 10% in the process (restocking) but it was fine. id rather have something that needed less work done to it, or maybe I have too high of expectations. Anyways now I'm looking at other bikes and road bikes (on CL their almost only fixed gear) are catching my eye. Now I think Im either leaning in that direction or a nice mountain bike with the smaller tires or get a road bike.
now my question for all you pros is, what is going to be best for mostly road riding (80%) and trail (20%) riding. can I put hybrid style tires on the road bike? I think id rather have gears but there arent any hills in my area so i *should be fine* right?

this is such a big deal to me because its investing alot of $$ i want it to last awhile.
Thanks again

that is the bike i am considering buying. seller wants $200 but didnt list any specs, i requested the brand/model so i can look it up myself and show you all....
That photo looks like someones, Homebuilt Special, kinda scarry if you ask me! Sounds like you would do well with a "cyclo-cross" style machine it can do both road and dirt roads and has drop bars like a road bike, all most all the brands have at least one, "cyclo-cross" bike in their series, check your local shops and ask to see if they've got any you can ride. JMHO, YMMV.