Old 08-11-05, 06:50 AM
Speed_Racer
Planeteer

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think oil is at a peak yet. The oil business has been making record profits, and I believe oil is being sold at a inflated price all comes down to supply/demand. There are many things we can do now that can save lots of energy. Here are some examples.

Riding mopeds/motorcycles that get better milelage then any hybrid, hybrid still needs batteries which takes energy to make. In 3rd world countries like vietnam mopeds/motocycles are still king because of the low cost to operate.

Build smarter homes: If we all started to build homes with dirt covering the whole house we can save lots of energy with heating/cooling. We can also use a different type of cooling technology known as "swamp cooling": using evaporated water to cool. Dry our clothes outside on lines instead of using the dryer.

Some of our food can be grown in the backyard. Lets say everyone in suburbia land is growing food in their backyards to eat and having local swap meets to sell their stuff. Not everyone has time to sell the food but my grandmother still likes to grow food in the backyard and sell it.

All the things I have talked about is already here and if more americans change their lifestyle a bit it won't be that bad. People think that the hydrogen economy is going to be here soon but I don't think so. It won't come until the INTER fusion project is a success and that is 50-70 years away. Biodiesel is not the answer either cause it takes too much energy to make. One energy source that alot of people don't talk about is energy from your own poop. If we saved all of our poop and collect the methane from it, that can be a cheap source of power.
The future is already here.

"The power is yours"
-Captain Planet