Old 08-16-12, 07:31 AM
cwcaesar

Bikes: Canyon Endurace AL 7.0; Shimano 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Snake bitten

Well, it finally happened. I had my first flat tire on a bicycle since I was a kid. I was riding on the shoulder as cars were passing me and I saw a golf ball sized rock just a bit too late to avoid it. I hit it and heard the tell-tale hiss of the air rapidly escaping my front tire. I was nearing the end of a long ride and was fairly close to home, but a very narrow bridge was in my path, so I had to make the call of shame to my wife to come get me.

I do believe that it is time to invest in a pump. I have been researching them already, I just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I am considering a Topeak Wedge Bag in Medium. I will store all repair gear in there like the patch kit, multi tool, and maybe a CO2 pump and a few cartridges and a spare tube. I will add a pump that mounts beside the water bottle cage as well, so that I will have a manual pump as well as a CO2. Any advice on the CO2 pumps? I haven't researched these yet.

I found that I had a pinch flat after I got home by the signature snake bite holes in the tube.