Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Ask a general question with no specifics in a TT thread and you're going to get that type of answer. At least from people who actually know what they are talking about.

Breaking it down:

Dunno without at least looking at some video or pics

Some of the worst TT fits I've worked with were done by coaches

Define reasonable. Time/distance? Relative to who/what/where?

See above.

Not having much of a clue about your TT set up? Yes. And that's not a dig. People aren't born knowing things. What separates folks is those that realize they are in 1st grade and those that don't and give advice based on a very thin veneer of knowledge.

My comment about putting you on the ignore list for your HTFU comment was a dig, and well deserved. I could do a long dissertation on the effects of heat during a TT, both anecdotal and scientific, especially when people from normally cold, damp climates suddenly are out doing efforts in hot, damp climates, including passing out and crashing.

TT's are all about specifics and details. Start at ground zero and take some pics or video, and keep records of watts/time/distance/conditions for your efforts. That's your baseline
Brutal, man. Even for you!

Could have just said: We need more info. Or: yes that's common if you are as aero as a tree.

And honestly, in that question about the heat, it was no different than mine. How does he normally hydrate before a race? Does he usually have trouble in heat? Is he expecting to warmup in the sun? Is he expecting to have to be in the heat an extended amount of time? ETC, could go on and on.

For most people, if you HTFU and are decently hydrated beforehand, that race in specific won't be much different than a normal race. That's only 30C degrees, which is extremely cool, even with humidity. It might be warm considered to normal for his location, but it's not mind blowing difference. Again, do we know where he lives? What's the normal climate? Is his location accurate in his avatar?

Now, a 115 degree TT in Arizona, or a 105 degree TT with 100% humidity in Georgia, and maybe we need to discuss what we need to do special.