Old 08-18-12, 01:36 PM
ancker
W**** B*

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Did my first 'real' FTP test today...And...

....I'm slow.

I did the FTP test from "Racing and Training with a Power Meter". Using their test and formula I ended up with an FTP of 196W. I weigh 150lbs/68kg which puts me at 2.88W/kg. I've been riding for around 2.5 years and 'training' for a little less than 2. I just got the powertap hub so this is my first look at real power numbers. For the sake of full disclosure, I'm 29 yrs old an am 5'7".

I think is a little lower than reality. I did the test on a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer, so I was indoors. I also wasn't on my main bike, so the fit was slightly different than what I'm really used to. I was nice and fresh (2 days off) so I can't really blame it on fatigue. I think it's harder to sustain power for longer time periods indoors. You can see this in the graphs where my power starts to drift down about halfway through the 20minute TT interval, then I realize it and pick it back up 20W or so.

I'll test again in a couple weeks on my main bike. I'm not sure if I can do it outside since there is still corn up that requires I slow at every intersection to look for cars, but we'll see.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/212055999
I can provide output from Golden Cheetah too if anyone is interested.

I'd be curious if anyone has feedback, tips, pointers, heckling, laughter, etc.