Old 08-19-12, 11:46 AM
Beau210

Bikes: Orbea Onix TLT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
You've provided no specifics yet want something more than it depends. Just to teach guys a lesson in how to ask questions I'm tempted to lock this.

The answer to your question is it depends.
Good point. Well I have been riding for about two years now. I'm on the Texas State Cycling Team and raced for the first time last year. Did ok but not great. We don't have a team coach and most of the time we don't even ride with each other. Mostly just a loose group of people who travel to races together. I mostly just rode my bike as much as possible last year to train. Averaged about 40 miles a ride as hard as I could. I know that there is a better way to do things and have heard intervals etc. but not how many, how often, how many rest days, etc. Also I had a problem with not being able to recover from my rides a few months ago and had to take a couple months off the bike to fix it. I don't want that to happen again. I was kinda obsessed with getting as light as possible and was dieting while riding a ton which caused me to burn out and take the time off the bike. So I also want some help figuring out by nutrition stuff. I would ask the team but all of them are pretty much just college students who eat whatever, ride whenever, etc and see what happens. I want my stuff to be a lot more structured. Is that what you were asking?