View Single Post
Old 08-21-12, 01:54 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Neil_B
I have to agree with Rowan. When the OP joined us last fall he made the usual 'I'm turning my life around' posts, then thought it amusing to tell us about a day he, helpless Type 2 victim, drove his blood sugar into the stratosphere on a pizza, soda, and candy binge. His response to overdosing on sugars was 'oh, I'll check it in the morning, its not important.' This was when he has secured work as a truck driver after previously being sidelined for being diabetic. When posters here who manage their diabetes began replying with "do you want to die" responses, the OP became upset with them, rather than himself. He also became upset with folks who pointed out a diabetic truck driver in a sugar stupor isn't the safest motorist on the road.

I wish the OP well, but like Rowan I wonder if Allen55's return is a repeat of last time. I'd like to see him succeed, but I wonder if he wants to himself. Too many people, here and elsewhere, will do anything to lose weight and restore their health as long as they don't have to give up what made them fat in the first place.
Here is the thread I mentioned:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-BAD-Diabetic!

The posts of sstorkel and Rowan are worth reading.