View Single Post
Old 08-21-12, 07:22 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4231 Post(s)
Liked 2,947 Times in 1,806 Posts
Well ****. A couple of days before my first post in this thread, I'd found the fork I thought I wanted to use. 4 or 5 vendors online including 2 I'd bought from before. So I contacted the cheapest (who I'd used in the past) and asked if it was ISO or JIS. 2 days and no response, so I contacted the other seller and asked them the same question. Their automatic form said they'd get back to me within 24 hours. 2 more days and no response from either so I figured what the hell, chances are it was ISO and it's not that expensive so I went with the cheaper option (~$40 shipped vs ~$50, not a big deal, but $10 isn't nothing) and ordered yesterday.

Then today, the more expensive seller got back to me saying that she couldn't find the info on the part so had contacted her distributor and he said it's ISO (what I want). So now I'm feeling like a tool because she went the extra mile to find out the info for me and I'd already ordered it from someone else. And with some other stuff I've ordered in the last few days, I've gone over the parts budget I've allotted myself for the month (and don't really need any other parts at the moment), so I can't even just buy something else from her as a thank you.

So yeah, I guess I'm that guy.

Edit: I should note that had she responded before I ordered, I was prepared to buy from her store (I contacted them second because I wanted to buy from whoever gave me the info as I figured the knowledge confirming it was the right thing was worth some money), just when I thought it was a gamble, I figured I'd go as cheap as possible.

Last edited by himespau; 08-21-12 at 07:43 PM.