View Single Post
Old 08-21-12, 10:09 PM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Last positive TSB I've had was on July 12th. There's a fair bit of HTFU having to be pulled out to overcome the fatigue. Today I did 45m of climbing alternates (seated drops, hoods, tops, out of saddle drops and hoods). Had hoped to do some LMsD (long medium speed distance) on the MTB but it took them a bit to get the brakes working so I did the road thing.

Had moments where I felt dominant, and others where I was driving through the mud. Last two days have been 95-104 degrees and 10-15 MPH headwinds.

Scale said 152 after some hydration when I got home.

Tomorrow morning I throw a few gels and bars in the backpack, have couple of cups of coffee, and ride a 9k' ridge route through the pines for 3-4 hours. I think that will finish the legs off. Thursday is rest/recovery, Friday a drive down over the hill and an opener, then Saturday I'm going to crush souls.

Course is the first USAC road race I did. 45+ open. I was a Cat 5. I got 2nd and would have won it had I not been shocked to even be in the mix. It was the last time I thought "wow, I might get second! How cool is that?"