View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 11:11 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guitarfool5931
Sorry if this has been posted already but I came across this on my facebook page and it made me furious. Asking cyclists to pay a fee for all the pathways on the street is fine by me but his condescending tone and reasoning makes me want to punch someone in the face. Sorry.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videog...bicycle-people
It's quite comical really. If a car blows through a toll gate without paying you take its registration. If a bike blows through without paying what do you take?

The argument about putting registration marks on a bike comes up every once in a while and is never any more practical to implement than the previous time, for all the same reasons as the previous time. So the best this fool can do is put something on the handlebars of those who can be bothered to sign up, and remember not to hit it with a club hammer, and of course who have space on their handlebars for yet another box.

I can just imagine him trying to explain why he's sent the police out after a six-year-old girl on a pink bike because she didn't pay the toll.