Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Couple of suggestions for the always hungry thing:

1) work out more... a hard workout always curbs my appetite and
2) drink milk... not with your meal; alone after a work out. You will be surprised how it curbs cravings. Also that should be non-fat milk. I sometimes add a small teaspoon of Ovaltine.

The water thing: Fortunately for me I love water... it's my drink of choice. Or tea which is just flavored water. I have no problem with tap water and use that in water bottles and my Camelbak. I never notice the taste while working out. At home, I use a Brita Filter. Easy to use. Leave the pitcher in the frigerator and you always have tasty, cold water. I would stay away from any flavorings you add to water. Like diet sodas, the "sweet" taste of these flavorings makes your body crave real sweets.

I am surprised you can't get full on a salad. They fill me up but I do add a healthy helping of veggies (usually cucumbers, tomatoes, green pepper, banana peppers) and fruit (pears, apples, strawberries, blueberries) to give me some substance. Add a small cut up portion of baked chicken (I use chicken fingers sprinkled with Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic) and its a good hearty meal. If your man wont eat slads, buy a vegetable steamer. Cut up potatoes, squash, corn, okra, peppers - what ever he likes - and then serve the steamed veggies with alittle vinegarette or Butter Buds. You can also toss in some cooked chicken or steak.

It's not hard eating well being poor. I know. Just takes a little effort. It's hte effort that tends to be a "fluffy" person's downfall. I sometimes get lazy and take the easy way out (fast food).

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 08-24-12 at 09:32 AM.