Old 08-25-12, 11:12 AM
RWBlue01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vic303
Hiya Blue--it's me from PP. Talk to your LBS (local bike shop) about a more steeply angled stem/aheadset piece, and perhaps different bars with some rise in the bars. Just be sure to readjust the aheadset properly afterwards. I bet your LBS will let you watch them do the install--note that too much rise might require a new cable set but not likely. Also, if you don't have them yet. get a set of slicks (tires) for riding on pavement. It will be much easier on YOU. Oh and add a set of bar ends for better hand positions.
Long story cut short, I trust the local bike shop about as far as I can see them. It is not that they are all bad, but I think some of the mechanics are not paying attention. I may have them do the work, but I want to know exactly what I want done before I take it to them.

I went with a compromise tire since I sometimes ride on grass and gravel.
Forté Gotham Road and MTB Tires

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...43_-1___400238
I got 700+ miles on the rear tire before I ran over something that made a half inch cut in between the treads. The front is still going strong.

I could always go back to my road bike, but I think I will have the same issue. I have too much weight on my hand/wrists/shoulders for too long.