Old 08-26-12, 03:22 AM
Buck_O

Bikes: Felt F75

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
Since I'll be giving this another go this weekend, I have to know: My position in what regard? Too far left or right as to where you would have launched? I know that I took it with too much speed because I way overshot the landing, but I'm not sure about what you mean for position.

Here's a good run down the main line of that trail, no wipeouts. Not quite as entertaining for everyone, but you can see why I really like this particular run.

https://vimeo.com/48115985
From what it looked like, was that your body position was too far forward when you started up the ramp, and like you didnt compress before going off the lip, so you didnt get any extra pop off the rebound, to help carry the bike a bit further to give you time to adjust your landing. So you landed a bit front heavy, and didnt carry over the back side of the lip, so it pushed the rear right out.

It looked more like you were jumping off of a small roller, then off of something with a lip. I dont know how much experience you have jumping off of ramped jumps like that. But when i used to ride dirt bikes in my youth, i did that a thousand times before i got it right.