View Single Post
Old 08-26-12, 08:01 PM
photogravity
Hopelessly addicted...

Bikes: 1949 Hercules Kestrel, 1950 Norman Rapide, 1970 Schwinn Collegiate, 1972 Peugeot UE-8, 1976 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Raleigh Sports, 1977 Jack Taylor Tandem, 1984 Davidson Tandem, 2010 Bilenky "BQ" 650B Constructeur Tandem, 2011 Linus Mixte

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Today Rachel and I went for a ride on our Bilenky Tandem with our new friend Katie who lives just a mile from where we live. I met her and her husband last week at the Brunswick Bicycle Festival (Rachel was out of town) and she was happy to have met someone of a like mind when it comes to bicycles, so we decided to plan a ride. Katie has a stunning YiPsan 650B bicycle that is actually my size and that she let me throw a leg over and take for a short ride last weekend.

Anyway, just as we were ready to roll out the door it started raining, so we held off the ride start for a little while and then met for the ride. Over the course of the ride, there were some little showers that were popping up here and there, but nothing of real consequence for the first half of the ride. After we stopped for a break, we got back on the bikes and about 2 miles down the road, Katie got a flat. We swapped out the tube, but it must have pinched as it was being inflated, so we swapped in another tube and then started rolling again. About 2 miles from home, it started raining - and not just a little bit. Then as we were coming down the final hill into town the rainshower turned into a torrential downpour! Fortunately, the train station has extended eaves and we were able to comfortably get out of the rain.

The consensus is that despite the rain, we enjoyed each other's company and the ride enough that we're going to try to plan some more rides.

Hydration stop in Burkittsville

Middletown Tandem and Single Ride - 1 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

After our midpoint break in Middletown

Middletown Tandem and Single Ride - 2 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr

At the ride's end. Wet but happy!

Middletown Tandem and Single Ride - 3 by Sallad Rialb, on Flickr