Old 12-05-02, 03:01 PM
BryanW
Omega Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for your advice. I will try to get a ride on a Cannondale, though the only dealer within striking distance will only let me ride it round their local industrial estate.

I don't think the geometry at the front of my current bike is weird, though the top tube might be a little short - 57.5cm for a 60cm seat tube? (Centre to centre).

I do wonder, though, if I just happen to have lucked into a frame that really suits me. I got this one as a replacement for another Ribble frame which was damaged - it was supposed to be a straight swap but as soon as I got on this one (much shorter wheelbase) I found it much, much better when out of the saddle. Also, I can beat friends on short sprint climbs who are fitter than me, and who can beat me hands down off-road (though to be honest their road bikes aren't much cop).

Like I said, it's frustrating how difficult it is to test-ride bikes round here, though maybe I could get off my antisocial backside and join a club ...

Bryan

PS the Giant I rode was aluminium, I think it was called the Once Team Replica but it wasn't a "pure" replica, somewhere between the TCR2 and TCR1