View Single Post
Old 08-30-12, 10:12 AM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by v70cat
I have heard that to much of a drop results in reduced lung capacity and reduced performance. The spacers do look a bit much but I am old and comfortable on the bike. The bike is faster than my old R3SL. Here is the club ride for Saturday http://goo.gl/maps/0O0mR.
IDK, I can't really go much lower on my drop, and the only thing I notice is the lower I get the easier it is to go faster. I'd post one of my bikes to show my drop, but you all have seen them before. Glad you can tell the aero difference. I noticed it instantly when I first rode an SLC years ago. I was sold on the technology since then.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
I got a new low score on the blood pressure machine 107/68!

Haven't had a single smoke in about a month now. Maybe that's doing it.
Good job Lester. I stepped on the scale today at 149.8lbs. That is a good feeling as well. I haven't been that light since the whole concussion debacle. My fitness is really starting to come around. Problem is the season is pretty much over. I guess I'll just keep training for next year. The running with the my dog really seems to help. I'm only riding twice a week, and running 4-5 days. Went on a "hilly" group ride yesterday, and I big ringed everything. I dropped everyone on every hill, and won all the sprints.