KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
While most of them are roughly my size, I don't have that kind of cash and I'm not sure that it's worth it. I see a number of decent but not museum worthy bikes mixed in there. Auction sounds like it's listed by a third party who inherited the collection or who is selling for someone who needs to get rid of their collection to raise some cash (or a bitter ex-wife). My guess is a collector needs to sell it but isn't computer literate so has someone else do it for them (who isn't auction literate). Hence the detailed descriptions of bikes yet the seller claims not to be a bike person and the silliness of selling them all at once to local pickup only.
+1...it reminds me of when my mother had me selling her toy horses. She gave me detailed titles and basic, relevant, information that I wrote down, I took photos and listed them on her behalf. I knew squat, but had good descriptions and photos.

She ended up selling them all together to another collector - for around $.25 on the dollar. That's what happens when you want the easy route and sell in bulk.

That asking price is absurd...it isn't even close. The valuable bikes in there (and there aren't enough of them) aren't of the value to justify the price.