View Single Post
Old 08-31-12, 09:50 AM
Bat56

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tonythomas
I picked up a Giro Atmos at the beginning of the summer to replace a 20 yr old Bell (which I kept for a lock up helmet for rock shows, etc). I've found it to be extremely cool and comfortable, even through a brutal NYC summer, and I like the matte grey because I think it's a little less goofy looking than some of the other colors. Pricey, but I had a $50 off coupon so it wasn't so bad.

Anybody here live in a cold climate and have any advice for a good winter helmet? I'm thinking of picking up a Bern since I commute to work and work nights, have to cross a bridge over water, etc and it can get rough November through March. Last year was super mild here and the Bell isn't very well ventilated, but I ain't counting on that happening again.
I wear the Brentwood year round. As in - all winter. With the winter liner it is all I need. It is comfortable down to minus 20 Fahrenheit (not considering wind chill) which is the coldest I have ridden (5 miles that trip). I put the winter liner in when the temps get to about freezing and stay there. Otherwise I keep the summer pads in.