Old 08-31-12, 06:16 PM
FasterNearGirls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I think you can get an Askium (sp?) for $150 or less. Probably at a shop within some reasonable distance to you, which would get you back on the road sooner.

Can you describe how? I broke my rear Neuvation wheel this weekend, the spoke pulled hard enough to warp and crack the rim. I'm not sure if it was an M28 or R28.

A new wheel, bought locally, is the option I took. I'm going to donate the spokes and hub to a local bike charity. Actually, I'm going to give them to a girl I know who's been doing 1099 work, and she's going to donate them to charity, and take the small tax deduction.
Interesting. The Aksium was exactly my first solution so I could ride and train the next day.
Eventually I got a new set of Carbon Clinchers at a crazy bargain, which I love. Although I had 3 spokes blown out on my last race due to an encounter. I didn't go doww, and my mechanic fixed it at no charge (I tipped him!!!!).

The Neuvation broke pretty much like you describe, one of the spoke nipples caused a crack on the rim.

Thanks for the suggestion to you and to all in terms of donating it.
I'll leave the aksiums as trainer wheels.