Old 09-01-12, 04:58 AM
wroomwroomoops
Sir Fallalot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Leukybear
A couple and none resulted in concussions, just some donated blood and complimentary tattoos. I've not lost a helmet before. I've had many near crashes/ misses but experience always kicks in and leaves me tingling and checking my physical self for sound/completeness in the end.

I see where you're going with this but as far wearing a helmet or not, I have no clue why it is such a big issue among cyclists.
I don't understand why people would make the illogical decision to dismiss the ability of having a fighting chance against a head injury. Head injuries are very serious, it's not only cruel to yourself but also your loved ones in the case you are reverted into a mute vegetative state because of your simplistic oversight. Out on the road, you are around potentially idiotic and careless people completely encased in speeding steel vessels of monolithic proportions when put in comparison to our two-wheeled contraptions, it's the least you can do.
To put it short, it'll either protect you from brain trauma or your head so it can be presentable in a open casket for your mother and widow to cry over and loved ones to read eulogies to. Now that's a win-win situation if you tell me. What a bargain!
Wow. Way to build a straw-man.
I had the impression that you might be falling often, and wanted to warn against concussions.

Last edited by wroomwroomoops; 09-01-12 at 11:29 AM.