View Single Post
Old 09-01-12, 12:18 PM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If it is the same fitter then I would go Seven. If different fitters then if you have the money I would be inclined to get a fitting and recommendation from both and go with the one that you feel the most comfortable with. I only have experience with Serotta and purchased a stock Legend SE ST frame witn 10.5F3 fork that was very close to the dimensions that my Serotta fitter recommended. My driveside dropout cracked and since it was a bare naked titanium frame it only took 19 calendar days from the time that I contacted them to the time that I received my no questions asked warrantied frame repair which they overnighted so that I could do the Ride Across Indiana. I hit a chuckhole very hard and Serotta said that should have not cracked the frame. I also cracked a White Industries hub that even though had been purchased used, WI knew this, they warrantied and replaced the shell as long as I mailed the broken part to them which I gladly did. I would estimate that Seven stands behind their product also but I know for certain that Serotta puts their warranty repairs at the front of the line. If the price difference is as much as it was when I reviewed them a year ago, I would probably go with the Seven if budget is a serious consideration but would not fault anyone for paying the extra for the Serotta if you intend it to be a lifetime bike. F3 forks are the ultimate in ride and durability but they are the most expensive too.