View Single Post
Old 09-02-12, 08:16 PM
kiltedcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpasticSprocket
This is actually sort of a tough one, either way you go there isn't much of a price difference, I'm like you personally, I like having a keyboard to type on (typing on a phone, or any touch screen, gets to be near impossible after a while.). The only truly ultralight netbook I've seen is the macbook air, but it doesn't seem to he anything special performance wise and the asking price is 1,000. There are those new Chrome books which use cloud technology to store data and whatnot but then you need an internet connection just to save your data (I think it comes with a 16gb SSD but you want to keep usage of the read write cycles on those to a minimum.). Really unless you can find some secret to tablets that makes blogging on them a lot easier. You may as well accept the extra weight and go with a standard netbook. Just make sure you do a lot if research before buying, the last thing you need is to have it just give up on you mid tour.
Thanks for the food for thought. I have decided that I will be looking at netbooks. The weight penalty is not that big of a deal since I'm never likely to be an ultra-light tourer. It's kind of a bummer that Dell doesn't seem to do netbooks anymore, because it looks like they used to make a Latitude netbook, which would've been pretty darn tough I think.