Old 09-05-12, 08:30 AM
kkretz77

Bikes: 09 Giant Avail 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still have one...purchased in 96 I think...brand new with lots of dust LOL

I was about 19 years old when I bought this bike...had no business doing so and knew squat about MB. Some coworkers rode regularly and I wanted to join so they told me great...go buy a bike. So I went and bought a bike. In hindsight, the rep who sold it to me did me a disservice...now that I know a little bit more, I know this bike was the wrong bike for me. For one thing, I'm a girl and I've since bought a road bike and now realize that I never would have been comfortable on the Trek...just the wrong fit :O( In any event, I left the job shortly after buying the bike and before ever taking it out. I was planning on returning it (was short on $$) but a roommate's friend used it to pick up something at a store (after I specifically said NO ONE touches the bike) and so I never returned it and it's never been used since. It's collected a lot of dust, though! I thought maybe my husband could use it but with 2 jobs, 3 kids under the age of 3 and a money-pit house....well, you know how it is! If I cleaned it up, would it be worth anything more than the $60 the other poster paid? Or should I just keep it for my son? What's another 15 years, right? LOL