View Single Post
Old 09-05-12, 11:19 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
If you have too much weight on your hands, you are too stretched out,the frame is too big.

This is relatively easy to fix (if its not too far off) by putting in a shorter stem. Its worth the $25. You can to some degree "fake" this for free by moving your seat as far forward as it will go (temporarily) to see if that fixes your problem before spending the $$$.

You really should not have any weight on your hands, your core should be holding you up. From a standing position, crouch down with your hands in front of you. This is the position you should have on the bike. Notice, you have no weight on your hands (if you are not falling over).

Originally Posted by smurray
My biggest two compaints when riding are that I feel like I have a lot of weight on my hands/wrist, and that I'm not terribly comfortable when I have my hands out on the "horn" sections of my bullhorns. If I keep my head down I'm fine, but when I try and look straight ahaid down the road it just isn't a very comfortable position. This may just be because I'm not used to it, or I may need to change some stuff on my bike.