View Single Post
Old 09-08-12, 09:07 AM
Shavit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baldiesrt
Thanks for the replies/suggestions. I rarely ride in the rain. If I do, I use my foldable bike with fenders. This bike will be for rides twice a week or so to the market or run errands. I had a SS before which I just sold. I know how it's like. I will def. change the back cog to a lower tooth probably a 13 or 14. At most I'll prob ride this 5 miles a day. NYC isn't that big . I'm somewhat decent with bikes as I built my last 3 but never touched hydraulic however looking at the specs of the gravity, they aren't hydraulic. They are tektro novela.
my mistake. i was looking at this. The one I was supposed looking at is certainly better for road travel with the rigid fork ... and would probably be fine, if not also the best option from the three you gave assuming you replaced (at least) the rear cog and tires.

That being said, I'm a little confused. Are you looking for a commuter or just a bike to ride to the grocery store and on a few errands? With knowledge on how to build/repair bikes why not just buy an old mountain or touring bike that has a place to attach a rack (or two) to it?

Anyway, good luck with the choice.

Last edited by Shavit; 09-08-12 at 09:09 AM. Reason: forgot a word