View Single Post
Old 09-08-12, 09:28 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Had a lunch-time ride on the 32-mile North Bridge loop through Arlington, Lexington, Bedford, Carlisle, Concord, and Lincoln. The air was warm and breezy to start, warm and gusty to finish, head-winds and cross-winds to be reckoned with, a stubborn bit of late Summer. Lots of folks out riding today, most in a sociable mood. A pleasure to be back on my own bike again.

The svelte woolly bear caterpillar crossing the Minuteman in Bedford suggested another mild Winter, let's hope, as did, perhaps, the trim-for-a-woodchuck woodchuck on Skelton Rd, Carlisle.

An enormous hawk was on a commuter's trajectory down Lexington Road in Concord, perhaps looking to meet that woodchuck. The crop of cabbages--the essential Winter vegetable--at McHugh's Farm in Concord looked good, so we'll have soup when the cold weather comes.

The acorns have started to come down, and I rode over several with a palpable bump and an audible crunch. The flock of turkeys that hangs around the intersection of Old Bedford Road and Hanscom Drive was back, wondering what's for Thanksgiving Dinner.

After all that, I went home and had a late lunch.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 09-09-12 at 07:55 AM.