Old 09-10-12, 05:22 PM
Spld cyclist

Bikes: 2012 Motobecane Fantom CXX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom CX, 1997 Bianchi Nyala, 200? Burley Rock 'n Roll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myrridin
Why should he have? According to the story a SUV (meaning it blocked his view of the man and girl) stopped in the road. The person driving the pickup simply witnesses a vehicle stopped for no apparent reason and moved around it. The problem here was clearly caused by a combination of an adult jaywalking and a curteous motorist facilitating that poor behavior. Sad story, but hardly something to persecute the driver of the pickup truck...
Well, the problem here is that many people coming up behind a stopped car don't wonder for a second why it is stopped. If there is room to pass on the right or left, legally or not, they just do it. Often barely slowing down. I don't know what really happened in this case, but it is really easy for me to imagine that's what happened. I could be wrong, but....

I see unsafe passes so often around here that when I'm driving I rarely stop and wave someone through, or go when someone waves me through. I've driven enough in the Boston area to know it's much the same over there.