Old 09-10-12, 07:14 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
My bottom line is/was that this isn't a championship caliber course, but much more a twilight "let's get drunk and watch some carnage" course.
And I couldn't have written that any better. There was a small crowd behind the barriers in turn four, waiting to watch the carnage.

Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Most of that opinion comes from the very poor road surface, which made several of the corners a total crap shoot. Maybe you crash, maybe you don't, roll them and see what happens.

FWIW I finished 17th in sight of the winner and same time. I ended up at 53m 251w ave/261NP, and a pretty good confirmation that I've developed Exercise Induced Asthma this year. I flogged some of the top finishers pretty good a few weeks ago and I was breathing through a straw on Saturday. Been an ongoing issue that I've put down to poor fitness. Can't assign that to this performance. Something's wrong.
I ended up with 256w AP, 276w NP, but that included 12 minutes of warmdown. I spent about half the race at threshold or above, including a whopping 10:26 at Z7.

Ex, get that checked out. I use an albuterol inhaler (Pro-Air HFA) 20 minutes before warmups. My asthma is triggered by both allergies and high output, threshold and above for long periods. I get fluid in my throat which tightens it up. The inhaler isn't perfect, but it helps. Another option is a daily inhaler or oral drug. I chose the inhaler to try first because I only use it when I know I'm going to be working in the trigger range.

Last edited by shovelhd; 09-10-12 at 07:18 PM.