Old 09-10-12, 10:13 PM
LarDasse74

Bikes: I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
To clarify: 'Custom', as it applies to bikes, usually refers to a bike that was built entirely with an individual in mind - frame included. You can also have a 'custom assembled' bike built with a specific selection of parts on a stock manufactured frame, or a bike that has been 'customized', but neither of these is often referred to as a 'custom' bike.

While the one you posted looks to be a pretty nice bike, there are some weird things about it: First, it appears to have older friction-only shifters - this is not a bad thing necessarily, but a little bit odd. Also, the chain appears to be too long, which makes me question the skill and knowledge of the person who built it.

Also, there is mention of a dent, but I don't see it in the pics. That could be a deal breaker depending on the size and location.

However, if the dent is not serious, and the bike fits you (I would guess this is a 56 or 58 cm bike for someone between 5'8" and maybe 6'... maybe a little more of little less) then it is not too bad a deal.

Edit: Also - it is not a '600 group' - it has 600 brakes and derailleurs, which does not make up a whole 'group'. It has lower quality wheels and hubs, Suntour friction shifters, a mystery crankset and (I think) brake levers.

Last edited by LarDasse74; 09-10-12 at 10:17 PM.