Old 08-14-05, 01:05 PM
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...

Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That sounds like it was a nicely modified Bike. It may be a 1500 or a 2500. One of my old riding buddies has a 2500 and it had the nude carbon tubes and white painted lugs(headtube, rear triangle...etc). Its a good looking bike stock, however that one you mention sounds like it would look very sweet!

I just came back from a 40km ride and the new components are breaking in nicely. The shifting is working a lot better now and not fooling the Flight Deck indicator as much. I think the new deraileur will solve that. The Wheels seems extremely fast and roll along with a lot of feel and direction stability. I really noticed the bike will surge ahead with each peadal stroke if the slightest amount of pressure is applied. Even in a big gear from a standing stop the bike just seems to accelerate so much easier, quicker as if being in a big gear isn't a handicap at all. I headed out against a cross/head wind and did not notice the wheels getting blown around, if anything it was me that was getting blown around. The tailwind ride on the way back was pure ZEN as the bike was singing to me, but with a new song. I was in the zone!

I had my new Sidi Dominator 5 shoes on and they felt nice and solid, they felt as if they had been my old riding buddies since forever

The longer stem was very comfortable and I actually wanted to keep riding longer, however I knew I would be running out of body fuel if I continued as I had only planned on a short ride.

Last edited by ViperZ; 08-14-05 at 01:36 PM.