View Single Post
Old 09-13-12, 09:09 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by DIMcyclist
Btw, Rekmeyata, when you toured England, did you do that on the 'B' roads? It's something I've been considering.
I did not tour England by bicycle, I had a business meeting in London that I took my wife along with and stayed 8 days longer then the 2 days I needed to be there. I can't recall the exact roads we took to Derby but I think the highway was M1 going to Nottingham out of London, when I got close to Derby we took an A road but I can't remember that number, we did this by car. I'm sure you could probably do some research on bicycle Touring routes in the UK. My understanding is that B roads are like our county roads but sometimes worse. A B road could be a dual lane pave, single lane pave, or dirt. So I suggest you find a map of bicycles routes. You might want to start on Google Maps, from there you can enter to starting point and then your destination point or two or more, then in the bar right above the starting point are 4 categories of travel the far right one is by bicycle. Although the Google map is not 100 percent accurate it is about 90 percent here in the USA, not sure about the UK. Bike lanes or paths on the Google system are a dark green line.

I'm sure someone here has probably done the UK by bike and can lead you to the right maps, I suggest you repost this question in the touring forum.