crosscut
cellblock 5150

Bikes: 05 Scott CR1 CF Team 05 Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To be flipped....the saga

Many of us on the forums as soon as we see a stem flipped up, shout out to flip the stem, resulting in a negative rise for the stem.
As much as it is right for some people, it is as much wrong for others. Especially those who have just started riding and those who in the negative angle will not be able to pull enough air into the lungs to achieve the power output they could.

I flipped my stem over three weeks ago to create the negative rise. This week I flipped it back. My reasoning is this. I lost the ablility to inhale enough O2 when attacking on my rides. During the three weeks of negativity, I was dropped by group rides that I normally ride in the front, had the worst attempt at a metric century I have ever experienced, and felt like I was dying when climbing. I went to a friend who is a coach and talked to him about what in the heck was wrong. The stem being flipped changed my pedal stroke and restricted my airflow.

So until I am atleast 190 and not the 213 I am now, I am unflipped. And proud of it. BTW Won two sprints on Saturdays ride.

Reason for all this garb, is we seem ready to jump on the bangwagon for what others are doing but it may not work for all. Nothing ventured nothing gained tho. Happy riding.

Thanks for listening.

Cross