View Single Post
Old 09-18-12, 07:26 PM
xn7

Bikes: 83 Bianchi Sport SS | 85 Centurion Ironman | 86 Accordo RS | 87 Le Mans RS | 89 Ironman Expert | 89 Ironman Master | 2001 Bianchi Pista

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
T
Until you posted this, the only thing I had to go on was my own opinion, and that of BF member lsdmt. We both have owned the black 1989 models at the same time as we owned other Ironman models. In his case, a 1986, which he declared "absolutely smoother."

In my case, I had both a 1989 Master, a 1988 Master, a 1985 Prestige, and the black 1989 Expert at the same time. I found the black Expert to be a bit more aggressive, enough that I built it as close to 20lbs as I could get, raced one triathlon on it, set a PR for the bike leg, and sold it to a guy who won't sell it back.
LOL.

Yes, that is
the Suntour GPX FD and RD working just fine with 9-sp Sora shifters and a 9sp DA cassette. For the triathlon,
I mounted the Sora's as low as I could get them on the bars, in order to reach the thumb shifters.
I highly recommend not using Michelin Dynamic tires at speed in corners. I didn't lose much time,
but front wheel "drifting" is not something I envisioned doing on a bicycle.
the frame measurements in in the post made by user "Loose Chain" seemed to be buried and lost in this thread. i was surprised when going through old posts and the measurements were right there but hadn't been commented on.

front wheel sliding out.. scary. hope it was at least a bit thrilling : )