Old 08-15-05, 01:53 PM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nimmy
My top picks are the Kona Dew Deluxe, the Cannondale Bad Boy, and the Specialized Sirrus. It'd be cool if people who owned those bikes posted what they liked/disliked about them.
Should've PM'd me. I own all three.

You did good. I would've suggested the Kona.

Originally Posted by Nimmy
I also have a question. I've been reading here on these forums that disc brakes, and racks/fenders don't work out too well. Is this true? Are there any racks specifically designed to work around the disc brakes? If so, where can I get one?

Also, i'd like to get some panniers.Anyone got any suggestions for some? If not, know any threads on this forum with suggestions?
With a little MacGuyvering,you can get a set of Freddy Fenders to mount. I saw one on eBay that had them. The guy bent the struts to go around the disc calipers. I haven't installed it,but I have an Axiom rack(http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...cat=REI_SEARCH) that will fit fine with the disc brakes. Don't know if the fenders and rack can be mounted together,but the rack would take care of most of the rear spray on it's own. You might just need to add a small extension on the back and a mudguard to the seattube to catch the spray off the front of the tire.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X