View Single Post
Old 09-22-12, 08:16 PM
fabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a set of CA5.0 earlier this year. Had a wait longer than expected but it was worth the wait.
The wheels weighed in at 1650gm bare instead of the claimed 1600gm. Not an issue to me but I have related this to Sean.

Check this thread: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/fo...hp?f=3&t=98152

The CA5.0 is my all rounder wheels, climbs, flat, rolling. The wheels are ok for climb, on flat it works great >35kph. Wheels are great for twisty descents, can take corners with confidence and it coasts down long downhill with great speed. Just tuck the body down and the bike pick up speed in a snap of the fingers. Suffer a little on the climb but gain back on descent.

Only done about 400km on these wheels, so far no issues even with few rides on rutty roads. Still true but i'm considered lightweight at 60kg (~130lbs)

I also have the Shimano Dura Ace C24 (1380) clinchers which I occasionally used for climbs. Between the 2, definitely can feel significant difference on climb. On the CA5.0, i have the 12-27 cassette and on the DA C24, i have the 12-25 cassette. On the steeper climbs (> 10%), where i need to go 39x27 on the CA5.0, I can make do with 39x25 on the lighter C24 with about the same effort. So for those deciding between S2.0 or CA5.0, if you want to suffer less on climbs, go for S2.0. But if u want all rounder training wheels CA5.0 is great. And get the S2.0 for climbing races..

Only thing i would change on these wheels is the freehub sound. Prefer it to be quieter. Maybe I'm spoilt by the much stealthier freehub sound on the C24 and the Shimano 105 7-speed wheelhub on my classic Raleigh.