View Single Post
Old 09-23-12, 09:02 PM
AK404
toasty!

Bikes: 1998 Cannondale r200, 2011 Bianchi Via Nirone 7; 2007 Redline Conquest Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
No. When you step on a big nail, or when you stub your toe, or fall off a stair and shatter your patella, THAT is the root of all suffering. To say nothing of kidney stones.....
No, the root of that kind of suffering is a desire to return to a state where such extremes of pain do not exist - or to be more precise, the memory of such pain - and since one cannot reverse time in such a way that the pain (or knowing such pain) magically goes away, one feels suffering at the sense of helplessness at not being able to do so.

Or you know, watching the remastered remastered version of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Originally Posted by surgeonstone
And the love of money is the root of all evil.
And here I thought it was the love of power....or fear of powerlessness, take your pick.

But OP, seriously, this bike thing? I'm really hoping that you have interests that go beyond bicycles (it's something I used to worry about myself.)

Granted, I'm not one to talk, since I just blinged out an entry level road bike, but we're all allowed to make our mistakes, right?