Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by RobertHurst
The claim is false.

All that is shown by the studies is that more cycling experience corresponds to lower accident rates.

Forester would have us believe that club cycling and greater cycling experience in general corresponds to vehicular cycling. That's a bogus assumption.
Exactly. Forester has compared accident data from 3rd graders with middle aged men, and similar bogus comparisons of dissimilar populations of cyclists, none of whom have ever taken an Effective Cycling class or shown to have ever been "vehicular cyclists," (by any definition) and concluded that Effective Cycling training is validated at reducing accidents for the students by 80%. Forester's only method of supporting his false "claims" of 80% reduction in accidents for Effective Cyclist students (or vehicular cyclists) is ad hominem and straw man attacks at the motives at anyone who states the obvious about the lack of credible evidence to support his bogus claim.

Effective or Vehicular Cycling training is not necessarily "effective" at reducing cycling risk just because John Forester and a few true believers wish it were so.