I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by John Forester
I have used the best data that is available. My ad hominem criticism is not about defending my thesis, but it results from replying to ILTB's venomous and inaccurate attacks that he has made for decades.
And, if all would note, ILTB's thesis is that there is no evidence that obeying the rules of the road is safer than disobeying those rules.
Same old, same old Mr. Forester putting his own spin and words into creating a straw man (my "thesis") to knock down, as well as defending his use of ad hominem criticism as a response to pointed criticism.

"The best data" available for determining a safety record for vehicular cyclists is the same as the worst, non existent.

Mr. Forester's manipulation of data from various studies, none of which identified any study subject cyclist as meeting any definition of being vehicular, and his guessing which cyclists might have been vehicular cyclists in order to make claims about their safety record is a joke. That he also bases his claims about the effectiveness of his proprietary training program from the same studies "data" when none of the study subjects were identified as ever VC "trained" is an even bigger joke.