Old 09-25-12, 01:46 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
What "groups"? Who sez that any specific population of cyclists/groups operates closer to those rules than any other group of American cyclists? Who did the measuring? With what criteria? Who measured this mysterious law abiding population's safety record vice the safety record of any other population of cyclists?

Short answer to the above: Nobody, only Mr. Forester and his trick bag of assumptions, bogus extrapolations, and WAGs.

What does any of Mr. Forester's "explanations" have to do with any evidence that implementation (whether by coercion of a licensing program or voluntarily) of an Effective/Vehicular Cycling Education Program would produce more law abiding OR safer cyclists?

Short answer: A promoter's wishful thinking and an assumption that whatever he claims to be "reasonable" IS reasonable.
I have published my list of sources many times. ILTB is perfectly entitled to review those sources and provide reasonable criticism, but to proclaim them bogus without providing such detailed criticism rather demonstrates that ILTB's opposition is not to the data and reasoning, but because he dislikes the result. It has become obvious, over these years of rather nasty comments, that ILTB has an ideological reason, which he has never disclosed, for opposing the training of cyclists to obey the rules of the road for drivers of vehicles.