Daves_Not_Here
On your right

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
Since the effective cycling program isn't being taught anywhere, suggesting it as a factor - even if massive selection bias in a four decade old, non-peer reviewed study is ignored - in reducing cyclist crashes is purely a semantic fantasy.

It's certainly accurate to consider "the whole program some kind of big joke" - Especially in regards to a discussion about the ill-considered bicycle licensing schemes.
Hey guys, FWIW and as long as you're on the subject of Effective Cycling programs, I did notice that BikeLongBeach.org has provided some educational resources that seems to come from a decidedly "vehicular" bent. The term "Effective Cycling" is used, but I don't know if it is in the generic sense versus having been derived from Forester's work.

This doesn't address the effectiveness of Effective Cycling techniques -- it may however suggest that reports of EC's overall demise may be exaggerated. BTW, I don't have a dog in this hunt so go easy on me.

CYCLISTS VIEW: DRIVING YOUR BIKE IN TRAFFIC | In this video, cycling Instructor Christopher Quint shares valuable information about safely navigating your bike through traffic. Presented by the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition and the City of Long Beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjCza5e1kw