View Single Post
Old 09-26-12, 06:30 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
That is basically an early Diamondback Outlook with 700c wheels. Same frame, components, from what I can tell. It's not a cyclo-cross bike, but sort of a "cross" between a mountain bike and what was then called a "city" bike, such as the Raleigh Horizon, Specialized Crossroads, etc. The "hybrid" idea was an accurate term but had not yet developed into a bike "model." Late 80's, 1990 at the latest, and not a US model.

Made to look like a mountain bike, but don't go hammering trails, or you'll be buying new wheels in short order. For the price, Outlook was very competitve, aimed directly at the Specialized Crossroads, Nishiki Montana, and a myriad of others. Generally, the GS200 components work pretty well, the chain rings are steel, as are the stem, bars, seatpost, etc.

For the price of destroying some very unique 80's funk, you can buy another Outlook that isn't so horrible to you. Heck, I'd send you one, because to me, the paint job and the Centurion labeling are worth as much as the bike, any day. Each to his own, though, but the offer stands.