Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfred
Or, maybe, it's that a Brooks really doesn't fit this rider:-) I know, I know, the Born Again Brooks Users can't believe that such could be the case. But, alas, Brooks are not for everyone. Granted my Brooks experience was 25 years ago, but, they haven't changed in that time so it's probably as valid today as it was then. But, the Brooks Professional I tried was as uncomfortable a saddle as I had ever ridden on. They need to break in I was told and so, I continued to attempt to ride on it. To no avail.

Sorry guys. I know you love your Brooks and any number of their models seem to be a great saddle for many riders. But, there are other saddles out there and for some of us those other saddles represent much better choices. I would much rather start fine tuning a fit issue from a point where I was mearly "somewhat uncomfortable" rather than "bleeding".
That's fine. Saddles are like every other area of our sport, a particular model or brand works for some and not for others. It took a leap of faith for me, because what if I spent all that money for a stupid seat and it ended up being a butt-hatchet? Fortunately it is verrrrrry comfortable from the get go so it looks like a good investment.