Old 09-28-12, 04:50 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
I bought both a Lezyne Super Drive, at 450 lumens, and a Keygos XML-U2 flashlight rated at 1000 lumens but more realistically at around 500-600. I can't say that the Lezyne at 2.5x the price is any better than the Keygos. Both are about the same size and weight, both throw off a lot of light considering I'm in NYC and you don't really need the lights to see. The mount for the Keygos holds it very tight without rattling, swapping batteries does not require more than opening it up pulling the dead one out and putting the fresh one in, and charging is on the unit itself. The Lezyne uses a usb charger, convenient in that it will charge from any computer by just plugging it in. Both take a single 18650 battery. Neither are very heavy. The Lezyne mount is only better because it is specifically made for the light, whereas the Keygos is a generic mount. Neither rattle.

If you are riding for hours on end in the dark, you need something more as you'll be replacing batteries all the time. If you are riding home on a commute for an hour, either of these work just fine without adding much weight or bulk to the bike.