Old 09-28-12, 01:16 PM
Rootman

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Daves_Not_Here
Good work. Nice use of profanity. You told her. She probably came away from the interaction with a more positive impression of cyclists.

Seriously, these drivers are stopping (and yielding when they actually have the right of way) in an attempt to avoid collisions with cyclists. They may not be doing it exactly, perfectly, precisely as you would have them do it, but as ILTB said, at least they are not stomping on the gas.
I WOULD of been nicer and most of the time I am, she was parked all the way across the white striped clearly marked crosswalk with her drivers door only feet away from the WRONG side of the drive having taken the corner way too short, this just after one of the many street signs indicating the MUP and the bike lane in the street. Had I not glanced over my RIGHT shoulder and seen her coming and "got that feeling" I would not of stopped and probably been hit, she was way to fast and actually skidded to a halt.

And NO she did NOT have the right of way, she was on the WRONG side of the intersecting drive crossing a well marked pedestrian / bike trail, going too fast and stopped blocking the entire width of the MUP, too close for anyone to go around easily OR safely as she was on the wrong side of the drive someone might be turning in on the CORRECT side form the other direction and would not see me till I cleared her improperly aligned vehicle. YES, it was a stupid ass stunt, whether she was a ***** or not I'll just have to surmise. I am more interested in being safe then placating someone over at an rather poor attempt at courtesy. Had it been one of the hundreds of kids traveling through there then I would of had the same or WORSE opinion of her when watching the report of an accident on the evening news. I frankly don't care what she felt as long as she at least had an inkling that she did something unsafe and stupid. I expect people to call me out if they see me doing something like that.