Old 09-28-12, 01:53 PM
kiltedcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colleen c
I had that Cygolite Hi Flux II 150 lumens couple of years back. Trust me nowaday LED lights has came a long way and just about most modern light will be much more brighter than the Hi Flux II. ... That being said, I think any typical flood pattern light with a Cree XML will easily out perform your Hi Flux II.
Colleen - thanks also for this information. It's good to read input from someone who's owned the same light and is able to compare it with the current crop of higher lumen LED lights. It sounds like a combo of the bar-mounted bike-specific light and a helmet-mounted flashlight (18650), should be a good set up for my commute. Now I just need to decide whether I need two of the bike-specific lights, so I can have one on my commuter/tourer and one on my longtail cargo bike. I could probably get away with one light and swap it back and forth, but I have a feeling I'll take one bike to work one day and forget when I'm leaving in the dark that I left the light at home on the other bike. Probably best to just get two, eh?